Carrie has been practicing and teaching yoga for the past 18 years. She has studied with internationally renowned teachers David Frawley, Cyndi Lee, Rama Jyoti Vernon, Mas Vidal, Bryan Kest, Jonny Kest, Shiva Rea, Seane Corne, Anna Forrest, Rod Stryker, Martin Kirk and Carol Krucoff in Ayurveda, Ashtanga Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Healthy Backs Yoga, Forrest Yoga, Anusara Yoga, Integrative Yoga for Seniors at Duke Integrative Medicine and Traumatic Stress: Resiliency and Healing with Yoga. Carrie has also had training in Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction as taught by Jon Kabat-Zinn through the University of Massachusetts. Finally, Carrie has had training in Jyotish, Ayurvedic Astrology.
Carrie owned an award winning yoga studio and cafe, Inside The Bungalow in Mesa, Arizona, for seven years before bringing her passion for connection, yoga, Ayurveda and Vedic Astrology online. Carrie’s thriving online community, Sacred Sangha, has members from all over the world, including the U.S., Canada, England, Italy and Switzerland. Through humor, playfulness, and curiosity, Carrie invites students to remain equanimous, non-reactive, to life experiences on and off the mat. It is in this space that you witness and connect to the grace, sacredness, and beauty that exists within and around you.
Carrie has been called a teacher’s teacher. She has helped develop and teach evidence-based yoga programs and teacher trainings around the country. She helped facilitate and teach the Effect of REWIND Yoga on Balance and Functional Fitness Preliminary Study with Arizona State University and YMEDICA, Inc.
Accomplishments & Accolades
So… You want to know the nitty gritty?! Here you go!
Sacred Sangha, LLC (owner)
- Build a thriving online community, Sacred Sangha
- Design, implement & test evidence-based yoga protocols (Effect of REWIND Yoga on Balance & Functional Fitness: A Preliminary Study, ASU & REWIND)
- Work with various institutions, such as Arizona State University & Mayo Clinic, to prove efficacy of evidence-based yoga protocols
- Host national yoga retreats and yoga teacher trainings
- One of 19 mentors to an online women’s community with 4000 active members
- Lead women’s workshops & circles
- Present at World’s Biggest Summit (“100+ of world’s most inspiring teachers”)
Inside The Bungalow, Inc. (co-owner)
- Raise over $60,000 for local charities
- Construct & Teach 200 Hour Yoga Alliance certified yoga teacher training program
- Host yoga retreats
- Phoenix Magazine Readers Choice Award: Best Yoga Studio in East Valley 2011
- East Valley Tribune Awards: Best Coffeehouse in East Valley 2011
- Allegiant Air’s Sunseeker’s Guidebook: Best Places Under The Sun 2010
- Phoenix New Times Readers Choice Award: Top five Yoga Studio in East Valley 2010
- Phoenix Magazine: Top 140 Mom & Pops in East Valley 2009
- Phoenix New Times Awards: Best Coffeehouse 2010, 2009, 2006
- AOL’s City Best: Best Coffeehouse 2007
- Food & Lifestyle Magazine: Golden Plate Award 2007
- Build three separate companies (yoga studio, cafe, event venue) simultaneously
- Secure funding for start up costs and land through the Small Business Administration 2005
- 300 hr Ayurvedic Astrologer Foundation Course (Currently enrolled)
- 300 hr Dancing Shiva Advanced Yoga & Ayurveda Teacher Training (Currently enrolled)
- 200 hr Dancing Shiva Yoga & Ayurveda Teacher Training (2016)
- Certified Crystal Healer in the Hibiscus Moon Methodology (2016)
- Usui Reiki Master (2016)
- 38.5 hr Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Mindfulness Tools Training (2015)
- 50 hr Integrative Yoga for Seniors Professional Training at Duke University (2013)
- 52.5 hr Forrest Yoga Advanced Training (2003)
- 200 hr Anusara Training with Jordan & Martin Kirk (2001)
- Vipassana Meditation (1999)
- 100 hr Ashtanga & Healthy Backs Training with Jonny Kest (1999)
Live On Purpose With Purpose!
FREE access to Moksha Alley
SIGN ME UP!
(A subscribers only page filled with yoga classes, e-books, meditations & more to fuel your passion for learning)
Plus receive weekly doses of inspiration, tips, tutorials, articles & more!