The Sacred Wound

you are drowning

you are suffocating

you are dying the slowest of deaths sacrificing your one holy truth your one holy being

you are standing at the edge of the abyss

how much more time should be wasted on war

war with your body your thoughts your life

do you see this dance

perpetual movement

running from fear running from pain

should you stop your rage will unravel unleash and when it is out there is no putting it back

the ultimate pandora’s box

i say let it out child

let the monsters out

they are part of you they are you

embrace them dance with them get lost in them

reclaim yourself

reclaim your holy sacred sensual being that craves to be seen touched entered in the most sanctimonious of ways

feel the tongue against the innocence of your sex

you are afraid of yourself you are afraid of that wound that place that calls you whore

you are afraid of who you are what you can become afraid you won’t get there

i know your fear

fear of not being able to return fear of missing out fear of being damaged

let this wound guide you home

let it crack you open rip you apart

let the shame of being broken seep into your pores

let the pain wash over you

this is your baptism your awakening

lean in child lean in

feel your throat close as you try to stop it from erupting

let.it.flow.let.it flow.let.it.flow

you are at the end and yet here you are at the beginning

trust

feel your way through the darkness stumbling towards truth

let your fingers travel the depths of your wound

so fucking sick of this shit

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

move through it move past it don’t stuff it don’t deny it say it fuck fuck fuck vile stupid fucking cunt i fucking hate you i fucking hate you i want to be anyone but you fuck you fuck you

the damn is broken let it flow let the pain bleed into every pore of your being let the grief you have been running from slice through you suck the life out of you

let the darkness seize your soul so that you may be reborn

journey into the fire let it burn

and like the phoenix rising step into your power

stop turning away

stand naked in your vulnerability

pound the earth

release with guttural cries the pain and sorrow of all of your ancestors before you

all of humanity

bear that burden no longer

let it go

touch the belly of the underworld

witness the transformation

from fear to love

from uncertainty to grace

reconstruct the shattered pieces

glue yourself back together

like the warrior going to battle

fight for yourself

stop waiting for permission

grant it to yourself

the wound is the doorway home

step across the threshold

you are not broken

you are not defective

you are not damaged as the voices in your head whisper

you have been hiding

tucked away from even yourself

the sacred wound raw tender

beckons you to step closer

it is time child it is time

reclaim yourself

Facebooktwittergoogle_pluslinkedinFacebooktwittergoogle_pluslinkedin

17 Comments on "The Sacred Wound"

• Michele says:

Beautiful….

• Barbara says:

Beautiful, Carrie! So honest, raw, and vulnerable, a journey in itself reading the crescendo into anger, grief, fear and the slow calm return to you.

• Michele, thank you!

• Barbara, thank you for your beautiful words. I am so grateful to be on this path with you!

• Gina says:

From fear to fuckin’ love!
    Love it Carrie……..keep rockin’ and peelin’ those layers……. 🙂

• Thanks Gina! That’s what it’s all about, isn’t it? Moving from fear to love & trusting ourselves along the way. So much love & gratitude for you sista!

• kit says:

Carrie That was VERY POWERFUL! I Thank you so much for the absolute truth. I SEE YOU and I LOVE YOU!

• Kit I SEE YOU & LOVE YOU back. You are a light for this world and I am beyond grateful we walk this path together!

• Suzi Mason says:

Carrie, so moved by the power and vulnerability of these words. You have touched that deepest part of me once again. I love you deeply!

• Suzi, I love you beyond words. You and me, we are the same. My heart is happy that these words touched you! We are such beautiful mirrors for each other!

• Lory says:

Wow! I am so there with you Carrie, on this big fucking, beautiful, bold and bountiful journey! Every word resonated; thank you! Carry on Warrior!
    PS, my two sons 21/25 haven’t “yet” needed therapy as their mother did/does. It’s all possible with continued awareness of that messed up childhood, that we refuse to let win! deep unconditional love wins!

• Oh Lory, yes deep unconditional love wins!!! It is a big fucking, beautiful, bold & bountiful journey we are on- and even better how lucky that we are not alone- we have each other!!! Carry on you!!!

• Tara says:

Carrie, unbelievably raw, beautiful and moving truth. Thank you.

• Tara, thank you. You have been popping up in my mind & heart so much lately! Wishing you love & light. Would love to connect soon!!!

• Evie says:

That was just incredible.

• Evie, thank you for taking the time to read and for your lovely comment! Namaste’

• Donna says:

Ah, Carrie. I’m not sure when I lost touch, but I came across your reply to me back in April and this part of your/our blog. Your post to us at the beginning of this sequence, resonates so deeply within me that the “cracking open” is very close again– but I’m so, so afraid. This me is a tiny little girl, infant, really, and I don’t know if I can endure that original wounding again. How can it be the path to rebirth? Questions. Silly questions at a time like this. Thank you so, so much for finding me even when I run away … when I least expect it, there you are.