Vulnerability and trust have been two of my greatest soul lessons to learn. You may recall, I was gifted at building walls. Walls made me feel untouchable. While building walls may prevent people from getting in, they also keep us stuck from getting out. Over the years, I have learned to watch myself with humor, compassion, and curiosity. What I have learned is once in awhile, when I feel “too” out there or exposed… too vulnerable… when I’ve shared my heart & soul…my walls want to come back up.
Who wants my walls to come up? Ego (self). Who feels exposed? Ego (self). Why? Fear of failure… fear of rejection… fear of not being good enough… fear of being ridiculed. The list could potentially be endless. This is where trust comes in. Trust offers the courage and strength to move beyond the fear… to pick ourselves up after the failure and rejection… to remember our gifts… to withstand the criticism…
For this exercise, you will need:
- Your journal
- 30 minutes
In your journal/paper answer the following questions:
- When do you feel the most exposed, vulnerable?
- How do you feel vulnerability in your body? (tightness in chest, heaviness from head to toes)
- What emotions come up with vulnerability? (sadness,anger)
- What thoughts come up with vulnerability? (I am not good enough, people won’t like me)
- Is the risk of being exposed, vulnerable (being hurt) greater or less for you than the “safety” of staying protected? Why?
- What do you give up to stay safe? What could you potentially gain by being vulnerable?
This week has been a week of overexposure, fear, trust, excitement, gratitude, love and heck, sometimes, all at the same time. I get to present at The World’s Biggest Summit. I am beyond honored. I am beyond vulnerable. I hope you will join me.
What would it be like to learn from 100+ of the world’s best teachers? For free? For a whole month?
This October, you can. Join the World’s Biggest Summit – a FREE online event where you can learn from 100 of the World’s best teachers in creativity, spirituality, business & health.
Other teachers at the free summit include best-selling authors Julia Cameron, Jennifer Louden, SARK, Lynn V Andrews & the Astro Twins.
To grab your free ticket, head to www.worldsbiggestsummit.com.